BEST BBA COLLEGES IN KOLKATA
To get a start in the academic career students take up BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) degree in their graduation degree. This degree teaches the student about the basics of business and management and this is the reason BBA has become so popular these days. Students who do graduate from a good college with the BBA degree they start their career immediately after the results.
Once you complete your school, if you want some big shot company to hire you or you want to start with your own business then you should get a BBA degree that too from a good college. It is seen that students staying in Kolkata opt for this degree so there is no dearth of BBA colleges.
List of BBA colleges where students go are: –
- Techno India University: on 7th august 2012 the chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee had inaugurated this private university. Since its inception the students passing out from here is doing really good in their professional career. They have shown remarkable performances in the fields they are associated with and have earned recognition throughout the world. They do have hostel facilities for girls and boys staying out of station. Hostels are safe from ragging or any kind of sexual harassment. It is known to all that the students of this university are incredible and really talented. Apart from academics’ students can join different clubs through which they can share their cultural experiences moreover they can make happy memories for rest of their life. Every year the authority welcomes innumerable corporate giants for the placement drive.
Address: EM-4, EM Block, Sector V, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
Phone: 098365 44419
- St Xavier’s College: this is one of the colleges in Kolkata that really needs no introduction. It was founded in the year 1860 and in 2006 it became the first autonomous college of West Bengal. In 2020 the National Institutional Ranking Framework has ranked it the 7th college all over the country. The BBA department here is really good as they have the best faculty to guide the students. Every year all the students score high marks in their final exam. It is said that students who does really good in their plus two examination gets admission in this college. The students take a pride in calling themselves as ‘Xaverians’. There are more than 50 classrooms and the capacity of seats are more than 70 people. Some students try their level best from their school level to get through this college as because they know once they get passed from this college, they will surely get a job.
Founder: Belgium Jessuit missionaries
Address: 8, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Rd, Esplanade, Dharmatala, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013
- The Bhawanipur Education Society College: it is a private co-ed college which is affiliated to the Calcutta University. It was founded in the year 1966 by a Gujrati community who had donated money and efforts for people staying in this region. In the BBA course at BESC students get proper training to become business leaders be establishing their own entrepreneurial ventures; students also learn to provide innovative solutions to the giant conglomerates. Umang is their annual cultural fest which is really grand. Apart from academics the students take part in various programmes like dance, song, drama, writing and so on. This is really needed for a student’s overall development. Students from other colleges come to BESC to take part in it. right now, there are more than 12000 students and 160 full time faculty. from the 5th semester girls and boys are eligible for campus placement. Reputed companies like Wipro, Amway, KPMG, Ernest and Young and many more come for placement.
Chairman: Champaklal Doshi
Address: 5, Elgin Rd, Sreepally, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
Phone: 033 4019 5555
- Shri Shikshayatan College: this girl’s college was established on 8th July, 1955, it is affiliated with the Calcutta University. To get admission in this college for BBA course a girl needs to score 60% marks with pure maths in class XII’s board. Throughout the year various programmes take place for the BBA students so that they get a vivid knowledge about the wide business world. Girls get to visit some industries to know how they work and other business details. Students also get chances to connect globally with other companies. Over the years girls from this department holds a rank in the Calcutta University. The girls of this particular college are very studious with their studies. This college is located at the heart of the city so transportation and communication are not an issue for any one of them. The classrooms do have air conditions and smart board facility. Students can use the official online portal for admission.
Address: 11, Lord Sinha Road, Elgin, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071
Call on: 033 2282 6033
Principal: Dr Aditi Dey
- George Group of Colleges: as the business world is becoming very tough and competitive this college authorities think that taking training in this subject is very much necessary. The degree courses in this BBA teaches the students theoretical knowledge and also provides practical to handle any kind of business activities. Subjects which are taught in this course are Principal of Management, Financial Accounting, English Language and Communication, Business Communication, Mathematics, Financial Management, Statics, Economics, Marketing Management, Materials Management, Management Information Systems, Production Management, Human Resource Management, Psychology, Social Research Method and so on. After completing the course students are equipped with all the necessary qualification, skills and knowledge to entire the professional life directly. If any student wants can he or she can pursue with their higher education within the country or abroad. The BBA course here is a 3 years degree course which is divided into 6 semesters. More than enough emphasis is given on field projects during these 3 years for making practical experience.
Address: 136, BB Ganguly Street, Lebutala, Bowbazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700012
Phone: 033 2217 6143
- Adamas University:this university was founded in the year 2014. This was incorporated by the Adamas University Act of 2014 and was passed by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. It has a sprawling green campus and the campus is extending over an area of 120 acres land. To get admitted here for BBA honours a student needs to achieve 50% marks for class 10 and class 12 boards. Girls and boys can continue their MBA from here as well. Since the university has tie up with foreign universities it is an added advantage to the students. They get to collaborate with the foreign students for doing some projects or attend the student exchange programmes. Passing from this college will surely give the students a job easily, this is what the faculty believes in and it is true. During the 3 years tenure students get to visit many factories, talk to the experts, attend seminars and workshops for their own benefit and this is arranged by the college officials.
Chancellor: Samit Ray
Vice Chancellor: Prof Deependra Kumar Jha
Address: Barasat – Barrackpore Rd, 24 Parganas North, Jagannathpur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700126
Phone: 1800 419 7423
- Institute of Engineering & Management: IEM is a private college for management and engineering. It is one of the oldest private college working in West Bengal for engineering. In 1989 it was founded and as of now it is affiliated to the MAKAUT. It has got a ‘A’ by the NAAC grade. The IEM group has set a sublime standard in addressing the managerial and technical resource shortage in the present dynamic globalisation. This group has rose to fame just because of its very strong foundation in research and development and teaching in multifaceted areas. The faculty here aims to serve all the students so that they are successful in their lives. There is guaranteed 100% placement for the management and engineering students, in fact many students grab multiple job opportunities after the course is completed. By Telegraph the IEM has won the title ‘Jewel of the East’. Hostel facility is also available for the girls and boys and there is a medical unit set up within the campus.
Director: Satyajit Chakrabarti
Address: Gurukul, Y-12, EP Block, Sector V, Salt Lake City, Electronics Complex, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
Phone: 098302 49238
- NSHM Knowledge Campus: the full form of NSHM stands for ‘Notabilis, Sociatrix, Humanus and Maxime’, these are Latin words which in English means ‘Noteworthy Collaboration for Best Development of Humankind’.This college has two campuses one in Kolkata and the other in Durgapur. It is affiliated to the WBUT. Though it is a new college but the BBA department is really strong with the experienced professors and very talented students. Here they understand that the transition from school to college is not very easy hence they do have student counsellor, not only this any kind of problem if the students face, they can approach the counsellor. The counsellor is ready to help them at any point of time. Within the campus they do have an extensive library which has books for all subjects and they even have rich collection of audio and video electronic information. Students are taught marketing, human resource management, accounting, organisational behaviour and strategic management. Most of the students get placed in reputed companies right after getting the degree.
Address: 124(60, Basanta Lal Saha Rd, Tara Park, Behala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700053
Phone: 033 2403 2301
- Scottish Church College:this college is affiliated to the University of Calcutta; it is one of the oldest colleges run by the Christians founded in the year 1830 in Kolkata. The founder of Scottish Church was Rev. Alexander Duff who was the first missionary to come to this country from the Church of Scotland. He wanted to set up an educational institution which would offer western education. Swami Vivekananda was the ex-student of this college. It has been rated as ‘A’ by the NAAC. The alumni and students call themselves ‘Caledonians’. Students teacher ratio of the BBA programme is 5:1. Students have to maintain a regular attendance to appear the university exam. This college is very strict when it comes to academics and specially with the BBA department. If a student is absent from the college for more than 2 weeks without any kind of prior permission then his or her name is struck out of the class register. College exams are equally important and students need to pass in it to appear for the university exam.
Principal: Dr Arpita Mukerji
Address: 1 & 3, Urquhart Square, Manicktala, Azad Hind Bag, Kolkata, West Bengal 700006
Phone: 033 2350 3862
- Asutosh College: it was founded in the year 1916 under the stewardship of Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee who was an educationist and also the Vice Chancellor of University of Calcutta. Previously it was named as South Suburban College, later after the death of Sir Mukherjee it was renamed as Asutosh College in 1924. At present there are 28 departments which is managed by experienced, qualified staffs and more than 4000 students. The college has well maintained 50 classrooms. The Head of the Department of the BBA is Sri Supriyo Das. The BBA department has its own library. The BBA degree in this college is much more affordable than any other private college.
Principal: Dr Dipak Kumar Kar
Address: 92, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rd, Jatin Das Park, Patuapara, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026
Phone: 033 2455 4504
It is really crucial to choose the right subject for graduation. Surviving in this competitive world is difficult so it is really important to take up a professional degree. Within the City of Joy there are many colleges which offers BBA honours degree so it is not at all necessary to go to any other city to earn this degree. The course here is designed in such a manner that it follows the latest development and trends that is happening in the industry therefore the BBA students are well equipped with the outer world knowledge.