Best Cancer Hospitals in Kolkata
Cancer is an abnormal cell growth in the body. This has all the potential to spread and invade into other parts of the body. Though there are some symptoms which the body shows but it is not easy to detect. A lump might be formed, prolonged period of cough, abnormal bleeding, sudden body weight loss or change in the bowel movement. There are over types of cancer affecting human body. This includes skin cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, brain cancer and lymphoma. The symptoms always vary on its type.
Cancer does not happen only due to smoking. It can happen due to excess body weight loss, too much of alcohol drinking, poor nutrition and physical inactivity. At times genetic factors do contribute to cancer development. To avoid cancer, it is important to lead a healthy life.
First and foremost, consult with an oncologist and if you can afford consult with 2 to 3 different oncologists (present in the town) just to take their suggestions. Before taking the final discission of getting admitted keep in mind few points like see which hospital is near your house, which one you can afford and so on. Though various kinds of medicines and treatments already available in the market for cancer but still it should not be taken casually.
Patient should start his treatment from the very beginning (as soon as it is detected) taking all the necessary precautions. It is difficult but it is very important to be mentally strong at this point of time. A patient might not be mentally strong but his or her family member should be. Cancer treatment is totally depended on the stage the patient.
Please do not panic if you are detected with cancer as because this will not help and do not let your family members or your friends to be worried about it. Here is a list of best cancer hospitals of Kolkata go there are get yourself treated. Oncologists in these hospitals are available for 24 hours and 7 days, so do not worry about any kind of mid night crisis. This treatment procedure can be continuous (it might take months or years) so it is advisable to go to the best hospital.
- Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute: this cancer hospital is located near the Jatin Das park metro station and is one of the significant cancer hospitals in Kolkata.This hospital was found in the memory of Chittaranjan Das in 1950. Presently it is funded by the Indian Government. This cancer hospital has provided the best treatment over the past few years. In this particular field there has being extensive development which has been instituted by this hospital. The best oncologist of the country is available here. It provides the best treatment with the help of modern equipment. Since it is funded by the government the cost of treatment is less hence patients of different financial strata can come here for their treatment.
Address: 37, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road,
West Bengal 700026
Phone Number: 033 2476 5120
- Tata Medical Center: this hospital is one of the alliances of theTata Memorial Hospital which is located in Mumbai. Though the Tata Medical Center is located in Rajarhat but it is very well connected with every part of the city. It provided the best quality treatment for cancer. It provides prompt service to the patients. It is built with up-to-date equipment and has the best oncologists here. Since it is funded by a reputed trust so 50% of the beds are reserved for the underprivileged people of the society. Most of the decisions regarding a patient’s health is taken by the senior doctors (be it for an operation or any other critical matter) who continuously keep monitoring the patients. Hence it can be understood that these oncologists come to action just to provide the best treatment and keep up the hospital’s name.
Address: 14 MAR (E-W),
West Bengal 700156
Phone Number: 033 6605 7000
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital: though Apollo Hospitals are working for a long time but the cancer department is their new wing but within few these few years it is providing the best service to the patients using latest technology and equipment. In Kolkata this hospital has hired highly qualified staffs only. The Novalis TX machine which is used to kill the cancerous cell is its latest inclusion. This machine kills the cells but does not damage the healthy tissues of the patient. Though the price of the treatment is expensive but patients are happy and satisfied with the treatment they get. The Apollo Gleneagles Hospital has been considered as one of the best cancer hospitals of Kolkata for early-stage treatment.
Address: 58, Canal Circular Road,
West Bengal 700054
Phone Number:033 2320 2122
- Subodh Mitra Cancer Hospital and Research Center: this hospital is located in Salt Lake.This hospital services for haemato-oncology and also Immunotherapy. Dr Madhuchanda Kar is the senior doctor of this hospital who has specialised in treating haematological malignancies solid malignant tumours. Innovative methods are being used in this research center to develop different kinds of medicines and various technologies are being used as well. Most of patients went back home happily after their treatment.
Address: IB 175, IB Block, Sector III,
Salt Lake City,
West Bengal 700106
Phone Number: 033 2335 2515
- Fortis Hospital Limited: fortis has the best surgical, medical and radiation department of oncology. It is considered as one of the top 10 best hospitals of cancer in Kolkata. The surgical department of oncology comprises of a team of well qualified surgeons who has years of experience in this field. These oncologists are experienced in both reconstructive procedures and cancer surgeries. Fortis has a special department in treaties children who suffer from cancer.
Address- 730, Anandapur,
E.M. Bypass Road,
West Bengal 105711
Phone Number: 033 6628 4444
- Saroj Gupta Cancer Center and Research Institute:this is located in the Thakurpukurregion. It has a ‘ComprehensiveCancer Care Facility’.This cancer hospital uses the latest diagnostic equipment and techniques to treat all their patients within the campus. This is done just to minimize the inconvenience of travelling and in a way, it saves time and money of the patients. The underprivileged people can come to this hospital for treatment because the cost of treatment is very less than other cancer hospitals present in the city.
Some of the best cancer related services offered by this hospital are:
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Imaging and Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Address- Mahatma Gandhi Road,
West Bengal 700063
Phone Number: 033 2453 278
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Cancer Research Institute: the ‘Himadri Memorial Cancer Welfare Trust’ is funding this hospital. This particular trust ventures into the health care industry and they try to bring quality health for everyone. This is the first hospital to perform Cord Blood Transplantation, Bone marrow transplantation and Stem Cell Transplantation in the entire eastern region as a method to treat aplastic anaemia, leukaemia, thalassaemia and obviously cancer. Like many other hospitals this hospital also provides low-cost treatment facility to the patients those who belong to the under privileged section. If a patients get admitted to here then he does not need to worry about the cost as because it is funded.
Address- 16A, Park Lane,
West Bengal 700016
Landmark: Behind Park Street Police Station,
Phone number: 033 2227 6161
- Narayana Superspeciality Hospitals: in the Howrah region it is one of the best hospitals having all best specialities. Though Narayana provides the best treatment using modern technologies its cost of treatment is less. The oncology sector of the hospital treats patients suffering from neck and head, breast, blood, kidney cancer. They have a special section for kids as well. The pain and palliative care support provided by Narayan for the patients is the best and is appreciated by all. Under the tag of the Narayan group of hospitals this is the best cancer hospital which is located in the outskirt of Kolkata. People staying in the Howrah district can easily come here for treatment as it is well connected with the city.
Address- 120/1, Andul Road,
West Bengal 711103
Landmark: Near Nabanna,
Phone number: 1860 208 0208
- Rural Cancer Society: this is located in south Kolkata, Kalighat. It is also one of the best for cancer treatment. This hospital’s main mission is to treat all the cancer patients who are suffering and going through painful days completely. They have hired the best oncologists who are highly qualified. These doctors are experts in handling any kind of cancer emergency and they have an experience of many years. The hospital is equipped with best tools and apparatus. The nurses of this hospital is well qualified and they treat the patients with love and care.
Address: 167/A, Sarat Bose Road,
Sarat Bose Road,
West Bengal 700026
Phone Number: 033 2464 3442
- Barasat Cancer Research and Welfare Centre: this cancer hospital is located in Barasat. This organisation is recognised by the Government of India and Government of West Bengal. This hospital is run by the voluntary people’s association. The main aim of the people to curtail cancer forever. They try their level best to cure all their patients, in a way they are controlling cancer as much as possible. This organisation’s main focus is in creating the best place for cancer patients, they try to make patients feel at home when their treatment is going on. Already this cancer centre is considered as safe haven for cancer victims. People staying at Bongaon region or adjoining areas can easily come here for treatment as it is in Barasat.
Address- 24 North Parganas,
West Bengal 700124
Phone Number: 033 2552 2222
Here is list of treatments used by the Kolkata cancer hospitals:
- Chemotherapy which is the main part of the treatment. It is used to kill the cancerous cells. Though chemotherapy has side effects but it tries to reduce the tumours.
- Hormone therapy is involving of medication that changes how some hormones will work or will interfere with the human body to produce them.
- Immunotherapy is also used by the oncologist of Kolkata to boost the immunity system so that the patient has the power to fight with the cancer cells. The 2 types of treatment are adoptive cell transfer and checkpoint inhibitors.
- Sometimes radiations therapy is used to kill those cells with high dose radiation. An oncology might recommend to use this therapy just to shrink the tumour before the operation.
- A surgery is also an option in fact it is a part of the treatment if the patient has cancerous tumour. An oncologist surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to prevent or reduce the spread of the disease.
- Targeted therapies are also used to prevent the cancerous cell to spread or multiply. This therapy also helps to boost the immune system of the patient. Two types of this therapy are monoclonal antibodies and small molecule drugs.
Kolkata has the best treatment and hospitals so a patient does not need to go to any other metropolitan city for treatment. Survey says that cancer patients of west Bengal has stopped out of country rather state for cancer. Most of the hospitals are funded by the government or different associations so there is nothing to be scared of the payment. If need an oncologist might suggest two to three types of treatments so it will be a good idea to go to the government funded hospitals so that the cost of treatments can be affordable.
It is very much necessary to keep your doctor updated about your health-related problems specially if you are suffering from a serious sickness like cancer. Proper care and regular check up from these hospitals will surely keep the cancer away. There has been thousands of people getting well from cancer so there is nothing to worry. Just consult with your doctor and stay happy.