BEST CORNEA SPECIALIST IN KOLKATA
Our eye is our camera and the cornea is the glass present in front of the camera lenses. Through the cornea light passes into our eyes hence any kind of problem in the cornea distortion, vision problem can start sometimes it might lea to blindness. There are different kinds of corneal diseases but the major ones are bullous keratopathy, keratoconus and Fuchs’ endothelial dystrophy.
Symptoms or signs for cornea disease are: –
- Eyes become sensitive to light
- Red eyes or pink eyes
- Burning sensation in the eyes most of the time
- Discharge from the eye
- Watery eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Feeling a foreign body sensation inside the eyes
- Swollen eyelids
- Blurred vision
- Excessive tearing
- Eye inflammation
- Sore eye
- White spot on the cornea
There is nothing to be scared of as Kolkata has the best cornea specialists. It is said that patients from different states come to Kolkata for treating their cornea problems.
- Dr Dwijesh Kumar Saha: – he is practicing as a surgeon for more than 3 decades. Currently he is attached with the Fortis Medical Centre, Dibyadrishti Eye Clinic in Haldirams VIP which is his personal chamber, Personal Eye in Baguiati, Ghose’s Eye Clinic in Shibpur,Swasti Eye and SuperSpeciality Clinic in Joramandir VIP RD and Baguiati, and B. B. Eye Foundation in Minto Park and VIP Raghunathpur. He is also a member of All India Ophthalmological Society. He had done his MBBS and DO from the University of Calcutta in 1984 and 1988 respectively. Services he offers are Corneal Ulcer Treatment, pediatric glaucoma management, glaucoma treatment and evaluation, ocular trauma, vertigo treatment, dry eye evaluation and treatment, orbital trauma, trabeculectomy, 2.2 mm phaco surgery for cataract, eye surgery, refractive surgery, eye muscle surgery, cataract surgery, eyelid surgery and phacoemulsification surgery.
Address: Fortis Medical Centre
2/7, Sarat Bose Road,
Landmark: Beside Central Plaza Building, Kolkata
Time: Wednesday from 3 pm to 4 pm
Expected consultation fees: Rs 600
- Dr Aditya Pradhan: in the year 2015 he had joined the Disha Eye Hospital as a consultant in cornea, cataract and external disease. He is available in the Barasat and Barrackpore branches. His area of interest is corneal transplantation, cataract, allergic eye disease, corneal tattooing, dry eye disease, ocular surface disorders and infectious keratitis. He had done his MBBS in the year 2009 from the Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai, then in 2013 he did his DNB Ophthalmology from the Sankara Eye Centre, Coimbatore. At the ISCKRS Meet 2016 he had won the ‘Young Achiever Award’. Regularly he keeps attending different conferences at state and national level. In his free time, he likes to watch regional films, listens to music and reads lot of book of his own field.
- Dr Nibedita Das:this lady doctor joined the Disha Eye Hospital in January 2013 as a consultant doctor for cornea. She has a special interest in cataract, external eye disease and cornea related problems. She is available in the Behala and Barrackpore branch. She had completed the MBBS degree from the NRS Medical College under University of Calcutta. Then did a Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO) from the WBUHS. Later she joined the Barrackpore branch of Disha Eye Hospital for a long-term fellowship in cornea and other external eye problems.
Address: Behala Commercial Complex – I, 620, Diamond Harbour Road, Estate Complex- II, Behala Chowrasta, Kolkata, West Bengal 700034
- Dr Samar Kumar Basak:Dr Basak’s area of interest are cornea and eye banking. For more than 30 years he is serving the nation. In the year 1982 he did his MBBS from the NRS Medical college then in 1987 from the Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences of AIIMS, New Delhi he did his MD. After this in 1994 he did DNB from the Diplomate of National Board of Examiners which is under the Government of India. He is a friendly doctor who explains all the patients what is the problem and how the treatment will be executed. In 2008 he got Gold Medal award from the Bombay Ophthalmological Association. In 2014 he received recognition for the best free paper in Cornea in All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOC) from Agra. Not only from various association in India he got awards he also got awards from countries like Australia, San Francisco, Atlanta and so on.
- Dr Sanjib Banerjee:for consultation he is available at the Teghoria VIP Road, Sinthi and Barrackpore.In the year 2015 he won the first prize in the scientific category of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS). He also won the Dr B K Mitra Memorial Award for the best paper of his in Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal. From the RG Kar Medical College, he completed his MBBS in the year 1999. Then did DO, RIO from the University of Calcutta in 2005. He is the fellow in Cornea and Anterior Segment at John A Moran Eye Centre in United States of America in 2009.
Address: RGM 17/201, Raghunathpur North, VIP Road, Teghoria Opp. Teghoria Taxi Stand, Kolkata, West Bengal 700059
- Dr Soham Basak: to consult with him please visit the Disha Eye Hospital of the Garihat and Barrackpore branches. He treats patients who are suffering from corneal disease, cataract and comprehensive ophthalmology. When it comes to education, he is a FICO Fellowship Programme in external diseases and cornea from the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary which is located in Boston, USA. In 2019 he won the Best IJO award for his prominent article. From Barcelona in 2018 he won the best of session for his free paper at World Ophthalmology Conference. He is a humble doctor and takes really good care of his patients. Any kind of cornea related problems patients come to him but please do take a prior appointment for consultation.
Address: 4th Floor, Citi Mart Building, 169, Rash Behari Ave, Gariahat Market, Ekdalia, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
Call on: 033 66360003
- Dr Aditi Johri: she completed her MBBS from the MLB Medical College of Jhansi, UP in the year 1998 and then did her PG degree course MS from the GSVM Medical College during 2004. From Sankara Nethralaya of Chennai during 2004 to 2009 she did a training in cornea, then she worked there as an associate consultant for 1 year. After this training she worked in many eminent eye hospitals in India. Dr Aditi has published many papers in national and international medical journals which is read still now.
No.147, Mukundapur EM By Pass, Near Purva Jadavpur Thana, KolKata, West Bengal 700099
Call on: 044 42271500
Time for calling for appointment: 8 AM to 6 PM
- Dr Anindya Kishore Majumder:when it comes to cornea treatment, he is one of the best doctors working in Kolkata. He is associated in this field for many years and have gather lot of experience. during 2007 he did his MBBS medical course from the Calcutta Medical College, after that he did his PG course from the Regional Institute of Ophthalmology which is in Kolkata in the year 2011. His patients says that he takes lot of care of them during the operation. Definitely he gives lot of motivation before the operation and this helps the patients to recover very fast. His only suggestion to all his patients is to have medicine on time and give the eye drop as prescribed.
Address: Sankara Nethralaya Newtown, Premises No-25-3333,plot No-DJ16, Action Area 1D, Kolkata, West Bengal 700156
Call on: 9748125333
- Dr Asit Ranjan Banerjee: he is one of the oldest doctors who is working as a specialist for more than 43 years. though he passed out long time back but he keeps upgrading himself and believes in using only latest technology while treating patients. He is also considered as the best consultant in eastern India for paediatric ophthalmology. He is associated with the Medical Council of India (MCI). In the year 1967 he did his MBBS from the University of Calcutta and did his MS in Ophthalmology in 1972 from the AIIMS, New Delhi. For his excellent service in these years, he has won various awards from many medical institutions across the world. His patients say he is an expert in diagnosis and treating corneal disorders, cataract, retinal problem and glaucoma. For normal eye check-up people comes to him. He also provides services like Lasik eye surgery, OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography), neuro ophthalmology, diabetic eye check-up, orbital decompression surgery for patients suffering from thyroid eye disease, eyelid surgery, eye muscle surgery, vision therapy exercises, phacoemulsification surgery, scleral contact lens, ophthalmologic examinations and cataract surgery.
Address: 2/7, Sarat Bose Road, Landmark: Beside Central Plaza Building, Kolkata, West Bengal
Time: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 4 pm to 6 pm
Expected consultation fees: Rs 800
- Dr Malay Maitra:He is an ophthalmologist by profession. In the year 1984he completed his Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistant under the Calcutta University. Everyone says that in the Howrah region he is the best doctor for treating corneal blindness. He also does corneal transplantation surgery. Some of the procedures he offers are vitreo retinal surgery, upper eyelid ptosis surgery, under eye bag, otoplasty, oculoplastic surgery, myopia, laser blepharoplasty, laser assisted cataract, eyelids stretch, eyelid lift, endoscopic endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR), droopy eyelid, disfiguration of the eyelids, cosmetic eye surgery, blepharoplasty and automated lamellar keratoplasty.
Address: Micro Point Nursing Home
22/A Ghoshes Lane, Belur, Howarh, West Bengal 711202
- Dr Jayangshu Sengupta: Dr Sengupta is the chief medical officer of the ophthalmology department at the Priyamvada Birla Aravind Eye Hospital. He is associated in this field for more than 18 years. Treatments he offers to his patients are cornea transplant, cornea surgery, foreign body removal from the eye, cataract removal surgery, Lasik, eye examination, diabetic eye exam, eyelid surgery, ocular prosthetics, retinal testing, vitrectomy (which includes macular hole repair), destruction of lesion of retina and choroid, diabetic eye exam, reconstructive eyelid surgery, eye surgery, ocular surface reconstruction, glaucoma treatment or surgery and also gives soft contact lenses. Patients suffering from corneal abrasion or laceration, corneal diseases or Fuch’s corneal dystrophy should come and consult with him as because he provides the best treatment. Some of the eye conditions he has treated are macular hole, heterophoria, refractive error, autoimmune disease, esotropia, keratitis, visual field defects, pterygium, farsightedness, keratoconus, blurred vision, blindness, diplopia, chalazion, retinal detachment and retinal tear, stye, acute angle closure glaucoma, allergic conjunctivitis, nystagmus, progressive high myopia, dry eyes, optic nerve disorder, bell’s palsy, ophthalmoplegia and meibomian gland dysfunction.
Address: 10, Loudon St, Elgin, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Call on: 033 22894343 or 033 22894300
Expected consultation fees: Rs 1000
- Dr Maneesh Singh: he is an eye surgeon working in the City of Joy. Though he is a non-Bengali but he can speak fluently in Bengali so please do not hesitate to come to him for consultation. He was a good student. In 2001 he did his MBBS from the Burdwan Medical College, then did Master of Surgery in 2006 from the Calcutta National Medical College. As a successful eye surgeon, he is trained to perform different kinds of eye surgeries. In these years he has performed corneal transplant surgery, eye removal, orbital surgery, eyelid surgery, eye muscle surgery, vitreo retinal surgery, canaloplasty, glaucoma surgery and cataract surgery. His patients give him the best review as because they are satisfied with the surgery. All his surgeries are successful. In fact, there are hardly any after effect or side effect after the surgery.
Any kind of problem in the cornea should be treated as soon as possible to prevent blindness. Those who wears contact lenses gets an infection in their cornea more likely than those who do not wear. It is said that the risk is 10 times more than normal people wearing glasses. Hence it is said to wear contact lenses prescribed by doctors.