Best Gastroenterologists in Kolkata
A gastroenterologist is a medical doctor who senses all the problems of the digestive organs like the hepatitis, cancer, colitis, peptic ulcer disease, gallbladder, nutritional problems, pancreatitis and biliary tract disease and checks whether the digestive organs are working properly or not. A gastroenterologist also does some medical procedures like the endoscopy, colonoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound, liver biopsy and ERCP.
The digestive system is another important part of the human body and if it does not function properly then surely a person cannot survive for a long time. Our human gastrointestinal system is not limited to intestines and the stomach. A gastroenterologist examines all the normal functions and also diseases of the stomach, esophagus, colon, rectum, small intestine, gallbladder, liver and bile ducts. Some of the common disorders treated by all the gastroenterologists are
- cancer(liver, colorectal, pancreatic, gastrointestinal)
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Celiac disease
- Gallbladder disease
- GERD (acid reflux, heartburn)
- Polyps (abnormal tissue growths)
- Haemorrhoids (swollen veins in the lower part of rectum and the anus region)
- Ulcers (pain in the stomach)
One of the digestive disorders which people tries to ignore most of the time is diarrhoea. People tend to ignore it thinking as it can happen. This is time when most of the people go wrong. Diarrhoea is really a tricky sickness to handle and it might cause several problems. To lead a normal life with this sickness is a real big thing, so instead of ignoring it is better to visit a gastroenterologistand cure this sickness forever. At times medical intervention is needed only by consulting with the best doctors. People suffering with vomiting, diarrhoea, fever or headaches does self-medication and call it as stomach flu. This is an infection which can be either bacterial or viral in the gut. If you find that these symptoms are happening over and over again it is better to go to the doctor and do what the doctor suggests diligently.
Not only the doctors it is also our duty to ensure that the digestive organs are working properly or not. If anyone is facing any kind of digestive problem without wasting any time, he or she should visit a gastroenterologist. This article will help to know about the best gastroenterologist working in Kolkata now. Address, timings and phone numbers are written here you just need to take a prior appointment. If needed save this article and keep it for future use.
List of best gastroenterologists in Kolkata are: –
- Dr Sanjoy Mandal: he is the best gastroenterologist in Kolkata having an experience of more than 15 years. His specialisation areas are in GI Oncosurgery, hepatobiliary, liver transplantation and pancreatic surgery. Previously he had worked as the consultant in the department of GI Surgery and liver transplantation in the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital. Right now, he is practicing at the Salt Lake Speciality Clinic in the Salt Lake region.
Timings: MON, WED, and FRI
From 07:00 – 08:00 and 17:00 – 19:00.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 600.
Address: 173, CB Block,
Opposite CB Block Community Centre and
Near Tank Number 2,
Phone number: 098360 66320
- Dr Mahesh Kumar Goenka:He is the director of the institute of gastrosciences of the Apollo Gleneagles hospital. He is also associated as the president of the society of gastrointestinal endoscopy of India. In the year 1981 he had completed his MBBS degree from the Calcutta Medical College. Then in 1989 he had done DM in this subject later he had gone to Chandigarh to complete his postgraduation. He had won several prizes as a medical student.
Expected consultation fees is RS 1000
Address: 58 Canal Circular Road,
West Bengal 700054
- Dr Vijay Kumar Rai: he is a skilled doctor in all kinds of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures like the EUS, ERCP, spy glass, double balloon and so on. He is practicing right now at the Americana Gastro and Diagnostic Centre which is in Kankurgachhi. He has memberships in many medical associations like the Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India, American Society of GI Endoscopy, American College of Gastroenterology and so on. As a doctor he has won several prestigious awards. He provides accurate diagnostic at the very first visit, as said by his patients.
Timings: Thursday and Friday
from 06:30 – 10:00 and 07:00 – 10:0.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 700.
Address: Americana Gastro and Diagnostic Centre,
West Bengal 700054
Landmark: Next to Goli Vadapaav and Pantaloons,
Phone Number: 033 4003 4866
- Dr Debottam Bandyopadhyay: even he is counted as the best gastroenterologists practicing in Kolkata. He is associated in this field for more than 20 years. He is best at GI therapeutic endoscopy and hepatology. He was a gold medallist during his graduation. Later he had done postdoctoral DM in Medical Gastroenterology. He is quite a famous doctor in the city of joy as because he has made television appearance many times on health-related talk shows. There are several medical journals where he had written in this topic. He is practicing right now at the Susthiti Wellness Clinic which is in Garfa. People staying in Durgapur area can visit him as he is available in the Durgapur City Hospital every Saturday evenings.
Timings: MON – FRI
From 19:00 – 21:00.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 600.
Address: Susthiti, 145, Gouranga Sarani,
Landmark: Near Garfa SBI,
Contact Number: 9830618891
- Dr Sandip Pal: Dr Pal is working as a Gastroenterologist for more than 10 years. He has done is DM in this subject from the CMGH Vellore. He is an active member and a lifetime member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology. Take an appointment and go can consult with him at the given address below if needed. Dr Pal is a life member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology and Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India. Several journals have been published by him which is appreciated all over the country. Patients who have taken service from him recommends his name to the others. He has got proper training and is specialised in ERCP and endoscopic ultrasonography.
From 10:00 AM TO 7:00 PM.
Expected Consultation FeesINR 600
Hospital Registration FeesINR 200
Address: R. N. Tagore Hospital,
Phone Number: 098368 34614
- Dr K. D. Biswas: he is practicing right now at the Lifeline Medical Centre which is in the Keshtopur region. He is one of the senior doctor practicing in this field for more than three decades. Even he is one of the active members of the IMA (Indian Medical Association). He is really good at treatments like Esophageal Dilatation, Polypectomy, Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, Laparoscopic Surgery and so on. He did not limit his practise only in Kolkata he had practised in several areas like Durgapur, Bankura, Barjoda hospital, Bishnupur Sadar Hospital and so on. He had completed the MBBS degree from the Medical college in the year 1985, Kolkata but had gone to the Banaras Hindu University to do DM in this subject.
Timings: MON, TUE, WED, FRI
from 07:00 – 08:00 and 20:30 – 22:30.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 500
Phone Number: +(91)-9674980556
- Dr Joydeep Ghosh: Dr Ghosh had got his MRCP degree from the Royal College of Physicians which is located in London. Before this he got his MBBS degree from the Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital. He even worked with the Luzhou Medical College of China as a guest lecturer and this college is consider as the best medical college of China. He is serving the nation for more than 12 years. He treats patients suffering from Gastritis Treatment, Acute Pancreatitis Treatment, Abdominal Pain Treatment and Liver Disease Treatment. For consultation he is available at the Fortis Hospital, Mukundapur branch.
Timings: MON – SAT from 13:30 – 15:00 PM.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 800.
Eastern Metropolitan Bypass,
Phone Number: 033 6628 4444
- Dr B Ramana: he is a specialized medical doctor of gastroenterologist and a bariatric surgeon. He has a rich experience of practising for more than 27 years. Areas of specialisation is parathyroid surgery, Endoscopic thyroid and thyroidectomy. He is an eminent member of the Asia Pacific Hernia Society. In his vast experienced career, he has treated patients from different countries. People staying in south Kolkata can visit him easily. This area is well connected by roadways so patients from the outskirts do not need to worry at all for transportation.
Address: 7/1, Lord Sinha Road,
West Bengal 700071
Phone Number: 9830031663
- Dr Pradeepta Kumar Sethy: he is working in Kolkata for the last few years as a gastroenterologist for more than 2 decades. Out of all the gastroenterology working in Kolkata he has achieved the most success rate. He is the director and senior consultant at the Medica Super Specialty Hospital of the gastroenterology. His areas of expertise are liver disease treatment, piles treatment (non-surgical), abdominal pain treatment, vomiting blood, colonoscopy, constipation treatment, gastroscopy, hernia, abdomen and upper extremity, repair surgery. If anyone is suffering with any kind of symptoms (mentioned here) can take an appointment to consult with him.
Timings: MON – SAT from 10:00 – 19:00.
Expected Consultation Fees is INR 600.
Address: 127, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass,
West Bengal 700099
- Dr Kalyan Bose: he is working in the Woodlands Multi Super Speciality hospital as a consultant gastroenterologist. He is associated as a doctor for more than 22 years. He completed his MBBS degree and MD from University of Calcutta and then he has undertaken fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom. He specialises in treating Abdominal Pain Treatment, Wilson’s disease Treatment and Gastritis Treatment. He treats his patients with a positive attitude and give them the confidence that they will get well very soon. Dr Bose believes in modern way of treating patients so he using techniques which are used in the developed countries. He has a team of trained nurses and junior doctors who are really efficient with their duties.
Timings: MON, WED, FRI
From 01:00 PM – 03:00 PM.
Expected Consultation fees is INR 1500.
Address: 8/5, Alipore Road,
West Bengal 700027
Phone Number: 033 2456 7075
From embarrassing gas to bad breath many people have faced it at least once in their life or from time to time. One should know that digestion starts from the mouth, so it is necessary to keep the mouth clean because the saliva present there starts to break the food as and when it starts chewing. The stomach breaks the food using stomach acids. Then these food particles move into the small intestine.Here the digestive juices further break down the food. What left directly goes to the large intestine and the waste moves out of the body through the anus or rectum so the digestive problem can happen anywhere in between.
Since we cannot see how our digestive organs are working it is necessary to take some basic precautions so that we do not need to spend money on doctors or medicines. Basic steps like cleaning the hands, brushing twice a day, eating fresh food are some points which are taught to everyone from school days. These days doctors have added few more points like to exercise daily, to keep a check on the body weight, to add proteins in diet, to have dinner early and so on.
The lifestyle and the eating habits which people goes through makes it evident that we can have stomach related problems. If somehow is facing any kind of difficulty in digestion without wasting any time he or she should consult with a gastroenterologist. These doctors suggest proper diet charts (not only to people who are suffering with something serious but also to people who do not want any kind of digestive problems) and the medicines they prescribe will surely improve this problem. I believe his article will help you to find the best gastroenterologistnear you to cure this digestive matter forever.