Best Gym in Kolkata
Going to the gym might be a trend these days but once you join and diligently start following it this is become a part and parcel of life. Please do not think anyone is going to judge you if you are going to a gym. Go to the gym for yourselves, to make your body fit. Our body is our temple and we should worship it. Going to the gym is a kind of exercise which the body needs. No one can stay fit without an hour of workout. You might not have an hour to spend at the gym at least go for 30 to 35 minutes. This will definitely help your body.
Many people think that they do not want to spend money at the gym so they try to workout at home but this is something which does not happen. You might workout for a week and then you will surely stop due to human lazy nature. This is very common to most of the people. After a week working out at home people do not continue with it but this does not happen in a gym. If you are absent for sometime the gym officials will call you up to know why are you not being regular. Moreover, you have invested your hard-earned money this itself is an urge to go to the gym on a regular basis.
Young generation these days are too much into making their body and looking good. Young people say that walking out of the gym feels better than walking in. after a good workout you will feel much better and definitely your sleep cycle will improve. This is because the endorphins interact with the brain and reduces the pain. In other words, they do call themselves as a fitness freak. So, if you are a fitness freak and you are in search of the perfect gym then please read this article, it will help you to pick the best one.
List of best gym is Kolkata
- 1. Grit Fitness:This is located at the Chittaranjan Avenue beside the MahajatiSada and if you search the internet then this gym will come up as one of the best gyms in Kolkata. The motto of this gym is to give opportunity to everyone to be fit and have a healthy lifestyle. They hire best trainers and use equipment made from international brands. If you think you are new to this fitness world then do come and join here. The trainers will come and guide you properly. If you are a sports person then you should join this gym as because they have the best equipment for athletes. Girls associated with any sport can come here as well.
Address: 174, C.R Avenue,
Shyam Market 1st Floor,
West Bengal 700007
Annual Fees: ₹ 20,000
Phone Number: 033 4602 2555
- Physiomax GYM:This is a government registered gym which was established in the year 2009 by Dr S Sinha (who is no more). He wanted to make a gym for everyone where people will get quality service. Right now, this gym is under Dr Meghna Sharma and Dr Rupam Sinha. The tagline of this gym is ‘maximizing life’ and they make sure that they stay true to their tag line. The best part of this gym is they do have their own doctors, fitness trainers and physiotherapists who guides each and every member. In fact, if needed they tailor make the workout program according to the need of the member. They do have 2 branches within Kolkata. Both the addresses are mentioned below.
- Dum Dum Center: 240, Jessore Rd, Clive House, Nagerbazar, Dum Dum, Kolkata, West Bengal 700028
- Salt Lake Center: CL-236, 1st Floor, Sector – II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
Annual Fees: ₹ 12,000
Phone number: 90513 58213
- Rush Fitness: If you are looking for a posh gym (especially which are found in developed countries) then please do come here. The managers take a pride in themselves as because they provide the best service and the facilities. It is spacious has beautifully lit interiors which will motivate anyone and everyone to work out here. It is equipped with almost every type of equipment that a person might need to make a perfect body. Apart from weight training and cardio they do have yoga classes, Zumba classes. They have hired the best trainers for their members.
- Alipore: 144, Remount Road Opp. Toni & Guy Salon Kolkata – 700027
- Camac Street: 22, Camac Street Block-C, 6th Floor Above Pantaloons Kolkata – 700016
- Salt Lake City: 3A, RammohanMullick Garden Lane Opp. Salt Lake Stadium, Raikva, 5th floor Kolkata – 700010
- Sothern Avenue: 163, S P Mukherjee Road, Thapar House, 1st Floor (Near Kalighat Metro Station) Kolkata – 700026
Annual Fees: ₹ 27,600
Phone number: 96740 25900
- Endorphins: Are you someone who is wanting to change your lifestyle along with making a perfect body then please do come here. This gym encourages machine free workouts. Trainers at endorphins inspires their members to follow functional workouts because it is simple to follow. During the time of joining this gym promises their members that they will change their lifestyle within few months. Feeling good will improve your relationship with your partner, improve your confidence level. Certainly, they will provide a diet chart and in return they expect that you follow it for your own benefit. They have 3 branches under their banner in this city.
- Ballygunge: 23/1, Rustamjee St, Ballygunge Place, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019
- Alipore Road: 19 A, First Floor, Raj Kiran Building, Alipore Road, Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700027
- Park Street: Building 7th Floor, Park Centre, 24, Park St, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016
Annual Fees: ₹ 24,000
Phone number: 033 4604 8040
- Karma Fitness: Founded in the year 2009 and since then it is helping the people of Kolkata to stay in shape. This gym stands out in the crowd because each and every trainer is very caring and they provide undivided attention to their members. The motto says that every lock has different key and this is something they believe in and they make it a point to practice it as well. The good point about this gym is that they conduct educational workshops for their members regarding fitness and well-being. Members freely discuss their problems with the trainers.
- Lake Avenue: 19, Lake Avenue, near Menoka Cinema, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
- Sarat Bose Road: P,23 Raja Basanta Roy Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
- Punjab Beradree: 7, Mayfair Road, 2nd floor, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019
- Hazra: 70/1, Hazra Road (above Motorcade Car Showroom), 1st floor, West Bengal 700019
Annual Fees: ₹ 22,000
Phone number: 033 4060 3006
- Asian Fitness Centre: This gym has established itself as one stop destination for every fitness lover. It has the best equipment and members do not fall short of different types of workouts that happens here. since its inception this gym has helped many people to make their life beautiful. They believe that fitness is part of life which should be encouraged by everyone. If you think budget is a concern then please come and join this gym as their membership fees is not very expensive.
East Kolkata Township: 33 R.R. Plot Ruby,
Near Rail Vihar,
West Bengal 700107
Annual Fees: ₹ 7500
Phone number: 084209 26009
- Rage Fitness Studio: This gym is very popular among the young generation specially the ones who want to make a future in the big screen. It provides various kind of workout programmes like from (HIIT) High-intensity Interval Training, CrossFit, kettlebell, powerlifting, Hypertrophy, sports conditioning. They even have martial arts practice session as well. If you want you can select the training program you want to do or else you can ask the trainers to help you out.
Address: 32, Kalighat Rd,
Jatin Das Park,
West Bengal 700025
Annual Fees: ₹ 25,000
Phone number: 033 4004 2500
- Xtreme KrossFit Fitness Studio:Whenever we hear the word Crossfit first thing which comes to our mind is men and women are sweating out like crazy. And if you want to be a part of this intense training then join the Xtreme KrossFit Fitness Studio. The trainers over here know their job really well and they take their profession seriously, the main motive of the trainer here is to help everyone to stay fit and fine. The trainers first hear it from the member what they want and accordingly they start the training.
- Dum Dum: 65 Dum Dum Road, Ghosh Para, Near hanuman Mandir Kolkata 700074
- Lake Town: P-175 Lake Town B-Block Near Host Restaurant Kolkata 700089
- Keshtopur: 93A, Prafulla Kanan West,AC Block,3rd Floor, Keshtopur Kolkata 700101
Annual Fees: ₹12,000
Phone number: 90516 14988
- Talwalkars: This was founded by Mr Vishnupant Talwalkar and it is the oldest gym of Kolkata. The Talwalkars is one of the oldest brands and is the most valued name in the industry. They have 150 gyms in 80 cities in the country. It has more than 2 lakhs customers. The membership fee is very nominal and can be afforded by everyone. This place is very famous among the college students as because they say it is affordable. Talwalkarsdo have their own nutritional counsellors. Girls enjoy the yoga and aerobics classes here a lot.
Address: BE – 72,
Near Swimming Pool,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700064
Annual Fees: ₹14,000
Phone number: 033 4004 0650
- Flash Fitness:If you are someone who does not like gym or equipment and want to try a different type of workout program then Flash Fitness is the one for you. They have only certified trainers who are really well read and have good knowledge towards this industry. This gym has intensive dance forms which helps all the members to burning lot of calorie. Boys and girls can choose from contemporary, bachata, ballet, hip hop, salsa and Zumba whatever they want to work out. Apart from these dance forms members can try Taekwondo and Kickboxing.
Address: 6th Floor,
3 A, Camac Street,
Park Street area,
West Bengal 700016
Annual Fees: ₹12,000
Phone number: 80170 01500
- Force fitness: if you want to read the reviews on the internet then you will see all the members are giving the best reviews and have given 4 stars. People staying in south Kolkata can come and join here. It is open throughout the day so you can select your own time. they have experienced trainers who knows how to guide the members. The trainers are really sweet and helpful. Girls can talk freely with the trainers regarding their problems.
Address: 3/2, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road,
Near Tilak Nagar Road,
West Bengal 700040
Timings: 6 AM to 10 PM
Phone Number: 70031 05071
It is absolutely normal if your body starts feeling achy after the gym class, there is nothing to worry about. Strengthening your body is more important than this. exercising does not well strengthen the muscles but it also strengthens the bones, heart. Definitely it will reduce the blood pressure and with days it will reduce the body fat. Looking lean does not mean you are sick or you have some internal problems which you are not aware of. It means you are fit and people are dying to have a figure like you.
Just do not start toning yourself without even knowing what will be good for you. One mistake which most of the youngster make is they watches several videos on the internet and start working out on their own. Instead join a gym because they have trainers who are experience for years and they will be able to guide you. Tell your gym instructor what you want or want your doctor has suggested. Some of the trainers’ tailor make the fitness program. Next time you change your display picture on social media people will surely be jealous of your toned body.