BEST HOSPITAL IN KOLKATA
Most of the people staying in Kolkata thinks that government funded hospitals are not up to the mark and they do not have modern equipment or good doctors and nurses. These people are so wrong. Government hospitals graduates the best students every year and only experienced doctors hired. The truth is all the government hospitals provide the best quality services at an affordable rate keeping in mind the socio-economic condition of everyone. As a matter of fact, Kolkata is blessed with private hospitals as well. Though the medical charges are expensive here but they are equally good. This article will tell the readers the best hospitals present in the City of Joy.
- SSKM Medical College and Hospital:colloquially it is known to the people of West Bengal as P G Hospital. It is the best medical college and super speciality government hospital of the city. One end of the campus has outpatient departments with wards and clinics. The other blocks are for college buildings for the medical and paramedical students. The wards have Victoria, Curzon, Alexander and many more in the main block. Services available are Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, dentistry, dermatology, neurosurgery, endocrinology, paediatric treatment and many more. They do have the best medical apparatus for Plastic surgery as well. This maroon painted building is really huge try to use the map or ask the officials and go to the necessary place which is advised.
Director: Manimoy Bandopadhyay
Address: No. 244, A. J. Chandra Bose Road, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020.
Call on: 033 22041100
- B R Singh Hospital: this government hospital was named after Baba Ramrik Singh who was the first agent of the East Bengal railways during pre-independence era. The main motive of this health unit was to serve the employees working for the Traffic Department of the Eastern Region railways. Senior doctors are present throughout the day, patients can be admitted at any time and this is the best part of the hospital. Even today people who have served the Indian railways come here for their treatment. Added advantages are given to the railway employees.
Established in the year: 1934
Address: Parikshit Roy Lane, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014.
Call on: 033 23504075
- N R S Hospital and Medical College: the original name of this hospital is Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital. This medical school and government hospital is located at Sealdah. This hospital was actually built by the British gorvernement due to various political and social pressure which rose from the epidemics that happened due to Sepoy Mutiny. They decided to convert the market building of Sealdah into Sealdah Municipal Hospital. The hospital was renamed several times and finally after Indian independence it was renamed for the last time to honour the college ex-student and the freedom fighter Sir Nilratan Sircar. For more than 100 years this hospital is serving the nation. Their motto is to improve the health of the people and provide them quality life and their goal is to provide a disease-free world for the citizens.
Established in the year: 1st December, 1873
Address: No. 138, A. J. Chandra Bose Road, Raja Bazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014.
Call on: 033 22860033
- R G Kar Medical College and Hospital:it was founded to ensure complete Swaraj in medical education for the citizens.This was the brainchild of Dr Radha Gobinda Kar, after coming back from the United Kingdom he wanted to protect his country’s people from the torture of British government. In Asia this was the very first non-government medical college. For 1916 to 2003 it was affiliated to the Calcutta University and at present it is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Services. The medical college of R G Kar provides MBBS degree to its students, it also has PG degree, diploma courses and some super speciality courses.
Established in the year: 1886
Principal and Dean: Sandip Ghosh
Address: 1, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Bidhan Sarani, Shyam Bazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700004
Call on: 033 25304557
- Kolkata Medical College and Hospital: it is also known as Calcutta Medical College or Medical College and Hospital. Among all the oldest medical colleges this is considered the most prestigious in the South Asia. For medical students it offers an MBBS degree after five and half years. Earlier to support students financially eminent personalities from Calcuttalike Dwarkanath Tagore, Ram Kamal Sen and so on would provide scholarships to the brilliant students. Notable ex-students were Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, Kadambini Ganguly, Ram Baran Yadav and many more. Students who score good in entrance exams take admission in this college. All kinds of treatment happens here and that too at a reasonable rate. It is located at the heart of the city and is crowded throughout the day. Doctors are available all the time but it is better to know the timings and come for a consultation.
Established in the year: 1835
Principal: Manju Bandyopadhyay
Address: 88, College St, Calcutta Medical College, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073
Call on: 033 22551621
- Vidyasagar State General Hospital: since it is a government hospital the fees of the doctors here is only Rs 100. It has got 276 general beds. The orthopedic section is the best having the best medical team and all kinds of equipment needed for an operation. It is actually known to the people for its gynaecological department. People from far places come to this hospital for mothers and new born babies. Since it is always crowded it’s better to book an appointment for expecting mothers.
Address: No. 4, Brahma Samaj Road, Vidyasagar Park, Behala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700034.
Call on: 033 23971591
- Peerless Hospital:this multi-specialty hospital has 400 bed facility and provides all kind of treatment. The medical team associated with this hospital provides service with a smile, they are really caring and this can be seen in their actions. This medical team is comprised with highly experienced doctors, nurses and paramedical professionals who are very qualified and have a good track record. Insurance facility is also available here, for that you need to talk to the reception. Customer service representatives are available all the time so feel free to call anytime.
Address: 360, Pancha Sayar Rd, Sahid Smirity Colony, Pancha Sayar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700094
Call on: 033 40111222
- AMRI Hospital: this private hospital was started by some reputed physicians and right now it is the largest healthcare network of the Eastern India. The Dhakuria branch started its annexe building in the year 2005 with 200 more beds, again in the year 2014 it added 75 more beds. All kinds of treatment are provided here and that too by the best doctors of the town. This hospital also has their own Trauma Care unit having three very crucial departments under its wings like the maxillofacial surgery, orthopaedics and neurology. The Oncology department of this hospital is well equipped providing holistic treatment and care.They do have 4 branches within the city. Dhakuria branch’s address is mentioned below. Some branches are there in Odisha, Tripura and Bangladesh.
Address: P- 4 & 5, Gariahat Road BlockA, Scheme-L11, Dhakuria,Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
Call On: 033 66800000
- Fortis Healthcare Limited (FHL): it is a private hospital whose headquarter is in Gurgaon and it serves the Asian continent. Within the city they have 3 branches. This corporate hospital hires only the best doctors who have a great medical career. The Anandapur branch has got world class facility. It is a 10 storied building having 400 beds and extra 200 beds only for surgery. It is built on a premise of 3 lakh sq. feet. Some important amenities they have are 24-hour accident service facility which is the emergency unit. The emergency services include trauma treatment, blood bank, critical care ambulance service, cardiac operation theatre, 24*7 pharmacy facility and many more. Other assistant they provide are endoscopy unit, stress management, physiotherapy, rehabilitation, microbiological services and so on.
Address: 730, Anandapur, E M Bypass Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700107
Call on: 033 66284444
- Belle Vue Clinic: in this hospital a patient is not treated only as a bed number but they are considered as one of their members. It is not only a pioneer of the healthcare system in the eastern India but it is a trendsetter. It has 241 beds provides services like Cardiology, Nephrology, Critical Care, Gastroenterology, ENT, Oncology, Trauma and Orthopedic, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Bariatric Surgery, Urology, Neurology, Reconstructive (Plastic) Surgery. They also have outpatient service also. Every department has a doctor throughout the day. An immaculate place where homely ambience is given to the patients, so that they feel better and this will help them to improve as fast as possible.
Address: 9, Dr. U. N. Brahmachari Street (Formerly Loudon Street), Elgin, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Call On: 9836193420
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital:centres of excellence are the departments like cardiology, orthopaedics, nephrology, urology, oncology, gastroenterology and neurology. The oncology department provides a unique way of treatment and the doctors associated with Apollo says that cancer is conquerable. The cardiology department of Apollo is regarded as one of the best throughout India and they have a record of 152000 cardiac surgeries and cardiothoracic surgery. They are equipped with all kinds of complicated treatments for surgeries. Paediatric surgeries also take place and the success rate is more than 95%. In fact, the heart treatments are compared with the international standards.
Address: 58, Canal Circular Road, Kadapara, Phool Bagan, Kankurgachi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054
Call on: 033 23202122
- Ruby General Hospital: Ex Chief Minister of West Bengal Shri Jyoti Basu had inaugurated this hospital on the 25th April 1995 and after few months on the 28th October, 1995 Mother Teresa had started the Cardiac department here. The Ruby hospital’s mission is to provide quality care to all the segments of the society. The quality of care which is given is monitored all the time so that the patients get treatment which is necessary. Throughout the year doctors from developed countries come here so that they can update the treatment quality here and make the necessary changes. It is also a NRI hospital. In the year 2015 Ruby has been awarded ‘Healthcare Achievers Award’ for the Best Multi speciality Hospital. There is an outpatient service in 42 multi specialties wards which are from 8am to 8pm from Mondays to Saturdays and on Sunday the timings are 8am to 2 pm.
Address: 576, Anandapur, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, Golpark, Kasba, Kolkata, West Bengal 700107
Call on: 033 66871800
- Nightingale Hospital: this hospital is serving the people for Kolkata for more than 30 years in the healthcare department. The doctors here have treated more than 10 lakhs patients in these years with a satisfaction level of 96.3%. It has got 120 beds and the service they provide is totally affordable. It is seen that not only people of India comes here but patients from neighbouring countries like Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh come here for treatment. All the medical departments are available here and that too it is looked after skilled nurses, efficient technologists and staffs. Some of the advanced equipment available here for the patients are 128 Slice cardiac Ct with Dual energy applications, Full Filed Digital Mammography, Hallmark Vivid Echocardiography, 1.5 Tesla Digital MRI, Flat Panel Cathlab, High end Ots and many more.
Address: 11, Shakespeare Sarani Rd, Kankaria Estates, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071
Call on: 033 22827971
Next time any one from your family or relatives fall sick do not think twice to take them to any of these hospitals. Since the address is mentioned here try to find a hospital which is near to your place so that you save on time. In every nook and corner of the city there is a hospital. Select the hospital which you can afford so that the bill do not make a big whole in your pocket. All the hospitals in Kolkata are efficient enough to save a life.