Best Orthopedic Doctors in Kolkata
Are you suffering from join pain or muscle pain for a long time? Or are you facing some back problems? Most of the time we try to neglect these kinds of pain. These problems do not limit themselves in fact they become worse in the coming days and after few months or years they will make your life disturbing in other words painful. So please do not let these happen to you. This is the time when you should contact an orthopedic.
A human body has more than 300 bones and if one is not working properly, we start to suffer because of discomfort and pain. This is the time when an orthopedic doctor comes for help. An orthopedic doctor is a medical doctor who specializes in bones and joints of a human body. He is the one who can treat the ailment and diagnose it in the correct manner.
Many of them think that an orthopedic will always suggest a surgery but it is not so. Surgery is the last resort these doctors use to make the patient normal like before. They use various techniques during the treatment. In fact, they have wide range of modern treatment techniques. The doctor might ask for some X-rays or blood tests to do, which is not at all painful. Some of the orthopedic doctors are associated with various groups all over the country and abroad, so they try to incorporate the best treatment which will cure the patient within few days.
If you are associated with any kind of sport then you should consult with your orthopedic once in every two months. Even though family physicians can treat some of the injuries but it is always the best option to visit an orthopedic and this is because they have advance training and knowledge in musculoskeletal problems.
In this write up we will discuss about the top 10 orthopedic doctors practising in Kolkata. There address, phone numbers and consultation fees(expected) have been mentioned for your future reference and assistance. Even a child needs care from orthopedic doctor. The pediatric orthopedists check the bone growth problems and monitors them. The fields in which the doctors have specialise is also mentioned here.
- Dr Kanchan Bhattacharya: he is associated with this field for more than 28 years. Right now, he is working as an orthopedic consultant at the ‘Department of Orthopaedics & Arthroscopy’ of AMRI Hospital. He has completed his MBBS degree in Orthopaedics from Medical College, Calcutta and then has done a diploma degree in this field in the year 1985. Again in 1990 he did his DNB in Orthopaedic Surgery/ Orthopaedics from the Calcutta Medical college. He is one of the members of the Indian Orthopaedic Association and the Indian Medical Association. This particular doctor specialises in spinal therapy, hip replacement, joint replacement surgery, knee braces for osteoarthritis, spinal surgery, hip resurfacing, knee replacement, foot drop, arthroscopy, functional orthopaedics, pain management, physiotherapy for sports injury rehabilitation, foot care, knee osteotomy, arthritis and spine mobilization. You will be really lucky if you get treated by Dr Kachan Bhattacharya as he is ranked as the best doctor practicing in Kolkata.
Expected consultation fees: Rs 800/-
Address: Amri Hospitals,
JC 16 & JC 17 Block, Saltlake City,
Landmark: Opposite to the Saltlake Stadium,
Phone Number: 033 391 05324
- Dr Amitava Narayan Mukherjee: currently he is practising in Baguihati region as an Orthopaedist. He is associated with this field nearly for 20 years. From the Government Medical College, Jammu he completed his MBBS in 1986 and then in 2004 he completed his MS from the University of Dundee, United Kingdom. He is a member of West Bengal Orthopaedic Association and Indian Orthopaedic Association. He is a skilled doctor in treating fracture, joint replacement surgery, minimally invasive knee correction, trauma surgery, spinal therapy, shoulder replacement, hip replacement, minimally invasive hip correction, knee braces for osteoarthritis, laminectomy, knee replacement, arthroscopy, knee osteotomy, hip resurfacing and ACL reconstruction.
ExpectedConsultationFees: Rs. 500.
Address: Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Clinic,
Landmark: Near H.D.F.C bank
Phone Number: 033 391 05351
- Dr Rakesh Rajput:he has gathered knowledge in this field for 19 long years and as of now he is associated with the Fortis Hospital which is located in Anandapur as a Consultant in Orthopedics and Joint Replacement. From R G Kar Medical College in the year 1989 he got his MBBS degree and MS degree from the Calcutta University in Orthopaedics in the year 1994. Later he had gone to Glasgow for his FRCS in 1997. In 1999 he achieved the MCh in Orthopaedics from a reputed institution of Scotland named the University of Dundee. He is an expert in treatingjoint replacement revision, jointreplacement, avascular necrosis and acetabular fractures.
Expected consultation fees: Rs. 1300.
Address: Fortis Hospital,
730, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass Road,
East Kolkata Township,
Phone Number: 033 6628 4444
- Dr Vikash Kapoor: Dr Kapoor is a renowned orthopedic surgeon working in this field for nearly 15 years. The Director of Medica Institute of Orthopedic Sciences is Dr Kapoor. He has done his MBBS from the IMS-BHU (Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University) in the year 1995. He has achieved a fellowship from the Singapore General Hospital in Sports Medicine in 2001. If you are suffering from problems like joint replacement surgery, shoulder arthroscopy, back pain physiotherapy, joint replacement surgeon, arthroscopic knee surgery, ACL reconstruction, physiotherapy for sports injury rehabilitation, rotator cuff repair surgery, spine surgeon, bone fracture, orthopedic treatment and so on please do contact him.
Expected consultation fees: Rs.600.
Address: Medica Superspecialty Hospital Mukundapur,
E.M bypass road,
Landmark: Metro cash and carry,
Phone Number: 033 33391 05323
- Dr Buddhadeb Chatterjee: he is a reputed orthopedic surgeon in Kolkata practicing for more than 29 years. As of now he is the Director of Apollo Gleneagles Hospital. In 1986 he got his MBBS degree from the Madras University, Chennai followed by MS degree in 1989 from the Pondicherry University, Pondicherry. In the year 1998 he got fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery. This doctor is an expert in minimally invasive knee correction, hip replacement, ACL reconstruction, minimally invasive hip correction, hip resurfacing, joint replacement surgery, knee replacement, arthroscopy, laminectomy and fracture treatment.
Expected consultation fees: Rs. 800.
Address: Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals,
58, Canal Circular Road,
On E.M. Bypass Road,
Landmark: Opposite Hyatt Regency Hotel,
Phone number: 033 2320 2122
- Dr Siddhartha Gupta: since 2003 he is attached to most of the reputed nursing homes and hospitals of Kolkata and Howrah districts. So, he has gathered an experience of 20 years. In 1996 he completed his MBBS degree from the Medical College of Calcutta. Afterwards he completed his MS in Orthopaedics from the King Edward Memorial Hospital. Dr Gupta is one of the members of different reputed associations like Indian Orthopaedic Association, AO Trauma Foundation and West Bengal Orthopaedic Association. He has contributed a lot towards this field. He is best when it comes to knee replacement, minimal invasive surgery, pediatric deformity correction, spine surgery, pelvic and acetabular surgery hip replacement, spinal disc surgery, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopy, polytrauma, meniscus injury, pediatric injuries and fractures, knee osteotomy, joint replacement surgery. He has a team of trained nurses and doctors who provides the best physiotherapy due to sports injury.
Expected consultation fees: Rs. 600.
Address: Peerless Hospital,
Landmark: Near Ruby Hospital,
Contact: 033 391 05323
- Dr Kaushik Sarkar: more than 20 years he has gain experienced as an orthopedic surgeon. His area of interest is joint replacement surgery, arthroscopic intervention and fracture management. He completed his graduation in 1989 from the Calcutta Medical College. Later he went out of India to complete his FRCS in 1997 from the Royal College of Edinburgh. In the year 1998 he pursued his MSc from University of Birmingham in Trauma Surgery. If you or any of your family member is suffering fromarthroscopy, orthopedic physical therapy, arthritis management, hand surgery, joint replacement surgery, knee replacement or knee surgerythen contact him immediately.
Expected Consultation fees: Rs. 800.
Address: Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences,
Landmark: Near Santoshpur Connector
Phone Number: 033 391 05321
- Dr AnindansuBasu:Dr Basu was an award winner of presidential gold medal for his extraordinary performance during his postgraduation in 2008. He has a vast knowledge in this field and practising for more than 17 years. He is a consultant surgeon of orthopedic with specialisation in pelvic-acetabular, complex trauma, joint replacement surgeries and sports related injuries. He completed his MBBS in 2001 from the university of Calcutta. In 2011 he did his MS in Orthopedic from the University of Seychelles. He is one of members ICS (International College of Surgeons), West Bengal orthopaedic association, AO Member (Asia Pacific) and Indian Arthroplasty Association. Consult with him for fracture treatment, joint replacement surgery, minimally invasive knee correction, trauma surgery, shoulder replacement, ACL reconstruction, minimally invasive hip correction, hip replacement, hip resurfacing, knee osteotomy, knee replacement, knee braces for osteoarthritis and spinal disc surgery.
Expected consultation fees: Rs. 1000.
Address: Pacis Polyclinic,
8, Chandi Ghosh Road,
Phone Number: 033391 05325
- Dr Sanjay Das: for the last 25 years Dr Das was practicing in South India and for the last few years he shifted to Kolkata and is practising here. You can visit the Fortis Hospital to consult with him. He is an active member of West Bengal Arthroplasty Society and Indian Orthopaedic Association. In 1989 he got his MBBS degree from theSilchar Medical College of Assam. Later on, he completed his MCh in orthopedics in 2011 from University of Seychelles. He is best at treating neck pain treatment, elbow replacement, knee pain treatment, frozen shoulder treatment, column traumatology, hip replacement, joint dislocation treatment, joint dislocation treatmentACL reconstruction and so on.
Expected consultation fees: Rs 1000
Address: Microlap Bone & Joint Surgery Clinic,
24, Bipin Pal Road,
Phone number: 033391 05317
- Dr Abhijit Bandyopadhyay:though he is practising for only 10 years but he has earned a very good name in this field. In 1999 he did his MBBS from NRSMC, Kolkata. He was selected as an AO Trauma Asia Pacific Fellow in 2015 and took training from the Queen Mary Hospital of Hong Kong under professor Frankey Leung. Dr Abhijit Bandyopadhyay is good at treating ankle, hip and knee injuries. He specialises in the fields like joint replacement surgery, fracture treatment, hip replacement, knee replacement, revision hip and knee arthroplasty, revision hip and knee arthroplasty, minimally invasive hip correction, hip pain treatment, hip resurfacing, frozen shoulder treatment, knee osteotomy, shoulder slap (tear) lesions and also pediatric orthopaedics.
Expected consultation fees:Rs. 600.
8/5, Alipore Road,
Landmark: Near Natural Library, Alipore Zoo & Visa House,
Phone Number:033391 07576
During the consultation time most of the orthopedic doctors ask the patient whether they have got hurt before or not. These doctors ask about daily routine to find out from where the pain is occurring and how the patient is coping with it. An orthopedic’s main goals are to diagnose the pain or the problem area, to decrease the pain and finally to help the patient to get back to his physical activities as before.
Now that you have all the information about the best orthopedic of Kolkata so from next time if you face any kind of pain in your bone or joint do not panic. Call the doctor and take an appointment. These kinds of pains should not be avoided because it becomes worst day by day. Stay health and stay in touch with your doctors to lead a beautiful life. It is not true that orthopedic doctor always suggest operations then sometimes shows some exercise which can cure your problem.